Dementia Friendly @ Work
Approximately 91,000 Minnesotans age 65+ are living with Alzheimer’s and those numbers are projected to triple by 2050. These 91,000 people touch all of us because they represent family members, friends, co-workers, colleagues, neighbors, co-worshipers, clients and customers.
WCDAN educators offer a free 30-minute presentation for workers and members of business and service organizations, as well as faith communities and many other groups. The training will help your organization understand what dementia is and how it may affect people living with dementia. It heightens awareness and equips you to respond warmly and effectively when serving people living with dementia and their families.
Presentation content includes:
- Learn what dementia is and facts about Alzheimer’s disease
- Normal aging vs Alzheimer’s disease
- Recognize the signs of dementia
- Learn tips for communicating and interacting with a person who has dementia
- Learn tips for creating a dementia-friendly physical space
- Become familiar with resources in your community
Ready to learn more?
Call us! We’ll help you determine which presentation is right for you and/or your organization. Please contact Jody Loseth at 320-444-8027 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.