What is the Forget-Me-Knot Memory Café?
The Memory Café is a social gathering that provides a safe, supportive environment for sharing conversation in a relaxed atmosphere over coffee. It is an opportunity to visit with others who may be going through similar experiences related to memory loss and caregiving.
Who can attend the Memory Café?
People with memory loss are welcome to attend the Memory Café along with their companions.
When and where does it meet?
The Memory Café meets the second and fourth Thursdays of each month from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm. We gather in the second floor meeting room of the Willmar Public Library at 410 – 5th St. SW, in Willmar. Find the calendar here.
What is the café about?
The Forget-Me-Knot Memory Café is designed to:
- Reduce isolation
- Unite people facing similar challenges
- Create an opportunity to give and receive a deeper level of support
- Offer a sense of normalcy to an existence that often becomes focused on disease and disability
- Provide a break from normal routine
- Act as a source of ideas and information
- Provide a connection to other community support systems
Is there a cost?
There is no cost to attend. The Memory Café is made possible in part by a grant from The Minnesota Board on Aging.
Do I need reservations?
While it’s nice to call ahead before attending the first time, it isn’t necessary. If you would like to let us know you’d like to attend, or if you have any questions, please call Kathy at 320-235-8573. We look forward to visiting with you.